Tuesday, July 28, 2009

healthy(er) raspberry muffins



I used to make these before I was a mum (and only had my waistline to think about) but have busted the recipe out to add something a bit more substantial to the kids lunchboxes. The wholemeal flour will sustain them longer and they aren't as sugar and butter laced as other muffins....and no, they don't raise the same enthusiasm as my choc chip muffins but they always get eaten so I must be getting something right!

2 cups wholemeal self raising flour
1/2 cup white self raising flour
1/2 teaspoon bicarb soda
3/4 cup caster sugar
2 teaspoons lemon rind
2 eggs, lightly beaten
1 cup low fat milk
1/4 cup vegetable oil
125g raspberries (I use frozen as they hold their shape)
1/4 cup flake almonds
cooking oil spray

Pre-heat oven to 180c. Spray 12 hole muffin tray with oil. Sift flours, soda & sugar into a bowl. Stir in rind, eggs, milk & oil then raspberries. Mix until just combined; don't over mix. Spoon into the muffin pans. Sprinkle with flaked almonds & bake for about 25 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment